Saturday, November 5, 2011

Quilting terms and phrases...

Mom and I have been spending alot of time together quilting. I'm really starting to understand the terms and phrases that quilters use. However, some I'm still not quite sure of.

Today, Mom was mumbling something about taking her quilt to Auntie Patti's house -  because she has a long arm. That's strange, I know for a fact that her arms are the same size, she's held me lots and they're both about 26" from armpit to finger tip. I have no idea what the length of your arms have to do with quilting... but evidently having a long one is good.

This one I'm sure of - when a quilter says "Oh Crap, I lost my points" That has something to do with Weight Watchers.

The last one I heard was when Mom was referring to Auntie Patti again... she said "Hmmm, this will quilt out". That means something isn't right and she's counting on the quilting to make it look good.
Must be that arm thing again.

That's all I have for today, we still have alot of quilting to do so I'm sure I'll learn a few more. Do you think Ricky Tims started by quilting with his Mom and learning the terms and phrases???







No comments:

Post a Comment